AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert Terminal (Schematic List) Error.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
450 Views, 8 Replies

Insert Terminal (Schematic List) Error.

Hello,
I was wondering if someone can help me with this issue. I've been using populate panel with schematic list. However, after I insert the terminals, perform other work (copy project, edit schematic, anything) the terminals I had inserted a moment ago do not appear on the list as existing (IE and X by them). If I click mark existing, they still remain with a dash (-). The same is true when I do reload. Therefore, I am left without knowing what terminals are inserted and which are not. The wierd thing is that the surfer works every time to find both terminal and footprint. I've tried refreshing the database but this has no success either.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

~Mark
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It sounds like there might be an issue with the Insert from Schematic List
correctly identifying the terminals and matching them to the schematic
counterpart. This is a little tricky with terminals because the TagStrip ID
does not uniquely identify a terminal by itself. The terminal number and/or
wire number might also needed. To help narrow down what is happening can
you tell me what type of terminals you use on the schematics, i.e. with
terminal number, with wire number? Or if you want to send me your schematic
drawing you can send it to me directly at pat.murnen@autodesk.com.

Pat Murnen

wrote in message news:5031442@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hello,
I was wondering if someone can help me with this issue. I've been
using populate panel with schematic list. However, after I insert the
terminals, perform other work (copy project, edit schematic, anything) the
terminals I had inserted a moment ago do not appear on the list as existing
(IE and X by them). If I click mark existing, they still remain with a dash
(-). The same is true when I do reload. Therefore, I am left without
knowing what terminals are inserted and which are not. The wierd thing is
that the surfer works every time to find both terminal and footprint. I've
tried refreshing the database but this has no success either.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

~Mark
Message 3 of 9
raylach

Has this ever been answered, I have the same issue AutoCAD Electrical 2013?

Message 4 of 9
darrell.l.gregg

Use the terminal strip editor to insert terminal strips... you can then insert the stops, barriers, etc... and then plunk the entire thing down it will draw a beatutiful terminal strip for you (as long as your footprint lookup is set right).

I have never even tried to use schematic insert for terminals, we use the terminal editor for all terminal functions except inserting them into schematics (via the icon menu for that).

Message 5 of 9
darrell.l.gregg
in reply to: raylach

Just use the terminal strip editor... you can insert the strip and a table, jumper chart, what ever...

the more you use it, the more you like it...

Message 6 of 9
raylach
in reply to: darrell.l.gregg

How do I "as long as your footprint lookup is set right"
Message 7 of 9
raylach

No one has any idea how to fix the problem in the original post?
Message 8 of 9
darrell.l.gregg

reylach,

the footprint lookup database is what drives all panel insertions. you can set this in the footprint database file editor from the panel ribbon tab, other tools... or when you make a new symbol and insert if for the first time you can "add entry to manufacturer" (choice "C, 1." in that window)...

If you are able to insert terminals from a schematic list then you probably have them set up correctly.

Message 9 of 9
darrell.l.gregg

raylach,

All my terminals footprints were inserted with the terminal strip editor and they all report correctly in that tool.

I don't normally use that particular tool (insert terminal from schematic list) but I did run it...

I am noticing some oddities with that tool, It is showing that some of my strips that are built correctly have no catalogue data, yet the footprints are inserted (therefore they had to have, and actually do have, catalogue data assigned to them), it also shows multiple listing for certain terminals strips one with catalogue data and one without.

One thing you might try is finding and deleting the scratch projec database then do a project database rebuild, that might (but not always) make things link up correctly.

The other thing yo might try is deleting the terminal footprints and rebuilding them... sometimes that wakes ACE up and makes it start reporting things correctly.. at least until something else breaks them and you have to do that all over again.

Terminals in ACE are flakey, that is all there is to it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost