AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert New Viewport In Paper Space

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
knight1fox3
15937 Views, 3 Replies

Insert New Viewport In Paper Space

As the subject says, I'm a bit new to ACAD Electrical 2013 (coming from 2009), and I've done a bit of searching on my own.  But I can't seem to find which menu contains the action to add an active viewport within paper space (see screen shot below).  A number of tutorials indicate to use the "layout" tab but I do not have that menu nor can I activate it by right-clicking on the toolbar area.  Any assistance would be very much appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

ACAD Layout.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sonny3g
in reply to: knight1fox3

Turn on your menu bar, then select View/Viewports/New Viewports... or one of the named viewports in the list.

vports.png

Or, type vports at the command line.  Either way will pop up the Viewports dialog box.

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 3 of 4
testsubject

if you look in the lower left hand part of the AutoCAD window you will see that you already are in the layout tab (Layout1).

If you type VPORTS at the command prompt this will bring up the Viewports Dialog Box. From there you can add viewports to the layout.

You can make the viewport as large as the titleblock or have multiple viewports to show different areas from modelspace.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 4 of 4
knight1fox3

Thanks for the suggestions.  I thought perhaps they did away with the menu bar in 2013 so I didn't even consider that option.  I knew of the command line but I always like to have a quick button/menu item to do tasks quicker as opposed to repetitive command typing.  With the menu bar displayed, all the old commands I was used to 2009 are now present.  Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost