AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert new ladder reference format issue

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
l1389738
601 Views, 3 Replies

Insert new ladder reference format issue

I have set up my drawing format as follows: Format Referencing/Reference Numbers/Sheet and Numbers in Hexagon.

The issue i am having is that when I insert a new ladder into my drawing the the 1st rung does not display any reference information inside the hexagon. The following rungs display correctly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jalger
in reply to: l1389738

Hi I1389738,

Can you post a sample drawing and project (with only the one sample drawing with the problem) for us to take a look at?

Regards,

James Alger

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 3 of 4
dougmcalexander

Be sure you add %S to the Component tagging, wire tagging, and the cross-reference format in Drawing Settings.  You will also need to use the PLC database File Editor to add %S to the PLC tagging format.  The default is PLC%N.  It will need to read PLC%S%N or your PLC tags will look something like PLC00 instead of PLC100.  

James addressed the other.  We will need to take a look at your drawings to see what might be wrong.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 4
dougmcalexander

Glad to help.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost