AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert from Schematic

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rkambrose
210 Views, 3 Replies

Insert from Schematic

I am doing some work at a customer site and inserting components into a panel layout is very slow using ACE 2010 and 2012.  Once a component is selected the footprint appears quickly and can be placed but then things slow down.  We get a prompt to confirm rotation but it takes almost a minute for the block to insert, update and return control to the user.

Any suggestions where to look?  If we do the same procedure with ACE 2008 it goes without any noticeable delay.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: rkambrose

Does this apply to all panel symbols/blocks, or just custom blocks?

One thing I remember that made drawings/blocks slow (Blocks created in AutoCAD 2008), is that the scale list has grown out of propotion. Try opening the blocks in AutoCAD, and type -SCALELISTEDIT on the command line. Use the ? to list the scales defined in the drawing. There should be like 10-20 of them. If there are more, use the RESET option of the -SCALELISTEDIT command.

Save the block, and try to reinsert it.

If this doesn't help, also try to purge regapps, with

-PURGE

Regapps

N

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: rhesusminus

I also remember having ACE take some time to insert a part is I had a bunch of filepaths to search through.

Bob Hanrahan

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 4 of 4
rkambrose
in reply to: rkambrose

I have some more information that I didn't notice yesterday. I get a message that says "No attribute template found: wd_ptag_addattr_comp.dwg" Thinking this may be the cause of the delay but I don't know where to find the file. I have a feeling the search path required may have been removed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost