AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert component not working

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
acade2012
1105 Views, 7 Replies

Insert component not working

Hello All,

When I go to insert a component either from the icon menu or the drop down box I get a "insert" pop up window.

In that box there is a name drop down box which has all the current symbols on that drawing. same as using the insert block dialog box.

From that box I can browes to the needed symbol.

It seems as if the link is being broken between the symbol and the icon menu.

This has happened several times now and so far the only fix is to reload acade which then takes time to set AcadE back up.

I was told it is a register error.

Attached is a screen shot of the box that comes up when I select a symbol from the icon menu.

Anyone have any idea as to a better fix for this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dennis

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
testsubject
in reply to: acade2012

Dennis,

Autocad Electrical does not access the Autocad Insert Dialog box as installed. Someone must have modified your setup.

As far as I know, none of the ACE controls will occur (such as Trim, Align, Edit Component) will occur when using the Insert Dialog box.

I am sorry I cannot help you with this.

This is the Insert Component Dialog box that I expected to see....

InsertDialog.jpg

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 8
acade2012
in reply to: testsubject

I get that box then I select a component then I get the Insert box I attached above

As I stated I think there is a link that is getting broken somewhere.

I also get that same box now when I try to insert a wire number

Thanks for trying!!!

Dennis

Message 4 of 8
acade2012

it went from working 1 sec and the next component I tried to insert it can up with that box literally 10 secs from working to not working
Message 5 of 8
TomTom111

Hello,

Have you checked the project properties?

The database location is specified under the project properties.

--Best of luck

Thomas Walls

CADMASTER TECHNOLOGIES, LLC

www.cadmastertech.com

Message 6 of 8
mathalekar

Hello Dennis,

Looking at the error dialog box, it appears that you are working with a custom profile. There is a high change that you might have missed crutial paths required by AutoCAD Electrical to search for symbol libraries, DAT files etc due to which it fails to recognize the command triggered for Insert Component.

Can you help me by checking the results with AutoCAD Electrical's default profiles like AutoCAD Electrical Classic (as you seems to use toolbar based profile) ? Let us know if you get the same result with default profile as well.

Request you to review key paths from default profile from OPTIONS dialog box as well as do not forget to point "ACE_JIC_MENU.DAT" (assuming you are using USA based standard. If not please make sure to use appropriate .DAT file location in Project properties in your custom profile.

Message 7 of 8
acade2012
in reply to: mathalekar

The issue is that it is working 1 minute and not working the next so I know the pathes are working correctly. The .DAT file is on the network but the network always seems to be working when this issue arises. Once this happens nothing short of re initializing ACADE will fix it.

The next time it happens I will certianly try switching the profile to the standard and let you know what happens.

Thanks

Dennis

Message 8 of 8
acade2012

It has happened again but this time with some help!!

I changed the ATTDIA from 0 to 1

The insert dialog box came up when I tried to insert from the insert component icon menu.

Then issue now is that i changed the ATTDIA back to 0 and the insert dialog box still comes up.

I did try and change the profife to a standard profile with no luck.

Any thoughts???

Thanks

Dennis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost