AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert company logo in the LOGO field

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
crowther.richard
3318 Views, 4 Replies

Insert company logo in the LOGO field

Afternoon all,

After many years of using 2D cad to draw electrical wires we have moved to the modern age and are using Electrical to do our drawings. The first criteria from marketing is that the company logo MUST appear where the Autocad logo Currently appears in the standard IEC template. I have tried MTEXT as on our training course, but that only allows text.

I have exploded the current drawing but I am sure I am going down the wrong road, this should be a simple operation not a feature buried in the small print that I must advertise Autocad on every drawing!

Any help gratefully recieved!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Icemanau
in reply to: crowther.richard

Your best bet would be to set up your own template with all the layers you need, the correct attributes and company logo and any settings your dwgs require.

The templates that come with ACADE are just a starting point and I doubt many people would actually use them for producing dwgs for commercial/workshop use.

I suggest sitting down with all the people in your company who would be using the dwgs and asking what information they need in the title block and how it can all be brought together into the one title block. Get everyone to agree on what is needed and a basic layout and there should be no problems when it comes time to roll out the new title block.

You could start with some of the basic layouts that ACAD has provided or totally design your own.

I started with the one our company had been using for years, updated it and changed all the appropriate text with the needed attributes. I also removed our company logo and left that space blank. The logo is added later as a block so when/if the logo changes, I don't have to go in and edit the title block, It's just a matter of updating or swapping the logo block in the required projects. It has all the schematic layers set up along with all the settings on where to look for the various databases and how I like to set things up.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

There is a guide for creating a template at www.ecadconsultant.com. Brad is right that the ones from Autodesk are mainly for use as a starting point.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 5
sonny3g

At every company I have worked at we started with the existing company border.  We added attributes or converted existing text to attributes as needed to automate as much of the title block as possible.  As both Doug and Brad stated, it is much better to create your own template and starting with your existing borders is really very easy to do.

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 5 of 5
jalger

Hi Crowther.richard,

First thing make sure you are editing the block (either open up the dwg of the titbleblock, or open the template and edit the titleblock in the block edior).

After that  you can being adding or remove items from the titleblock (Why you choose the Autodesk template is not really the point right now), In your case remove all autodesk markings and remove the WD_TB attribute on the bottom RIGHT corner. (leave the stuff at 0,0).

Next is your logo,

Insert requires a direct link to the image file so avoid that if you can.

You can copy and paste the image in but make sure you size it properly. Nothing is worse then pasting a poster sized image of your logo and have it bump the size of the drawing to 10mb.  DO NOT RESIZE THE PICTURE IN AUTOCAD (the image will look smaller but the file size DOES NOT CHANGE).

Resize the image in paint, or some other  photo /picture editing tool.

300x300 pixels  (2.5in x 2.5in) is not a bad size for a logo.

Once the logo is the right size simply copy from the editor, and paste into the template drawing. (this embeds the picture rather then linking it)

I hope this helps,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost