AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert attribute into a panel foot print

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
huyvu90
299 Views, 2 Replies

Insert attribute into a panel foot print

My panel footprint has only P_TAG1, RATING1 and RATING2 attribute.  How do I add DESC1, DESC2 and DESC3 attribute to my foot print so that my foot print display its descriptions?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lionSG
in reply to: huyvu90

Try to insert a nameplate.

It can either be referenced to an existing component footprint block or inserted as a stand-alone nameplate.

Go to Click Panel tab> Insert Component Footprints panel> Insert Footprints drop-down> Icon Menu

Select the desired nameplate and put it beside your footprint.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: huyvu90

Select the block and find the block name in the properties dialog.

Now do a search for that particular block and open it in ACADE.

Add the three attributes you want (DESC1, DESC2 & DESC3) and position them as you require.

Save the block.

Now go to your panel layout dwg and run the block swap/update command. Select the block on your panel layout and ACADE will remove the old version and insert the new version.

From here, you can do two things to get the description attributes filled.

Run the Child Location/Description Update command or  edit the block and re-associate it with it's schematic counterpart. This will force ACADE to update all the description attributes.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost