AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert analog module using PLC IO generator

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
cawaugh
660 Views, 5 Replies

Insert analog module using PLC IO generator

I have not seen a way to do this anywhere so maybe it has not been brought up.

Here's the issue:

When trying to insert a module that has two terminals per I/O point one per line, devices are inserted on every line instead of every other line where the actual I/O point is located. i.e. you have on line 1, Output 1 terminal and on line 2, the return terminal, line 3 Output 2, etc.

Acade puts the Output 2 device on Output 1's return and so on instead of only inserting the device on therminal with the IO address with it.

Is there some way to have Acade skip the return terminal and only put the device on the actual output terminal?

I hope this makes sense as I see nothing on the net about this.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TomTom111
in reply to: cawaugh

Not 100% sure what you are trying to accomplish, but what may help you solve your problem would be the PLC Database File Editor.

This is found under the Symbol Builder and Icon Menu Wizard in the Schematic Tab.

Here, you can create custom modules with whatever terminal in any order you like.

Explore this a bit, and let us know if you need any help with the custom creation.

Message 3 of 6
rhesusminus

See the manual, 

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACAD_E/2013/ENU/filesAcadE_UsersGuide/GUID-B05FBB70-87D4-4E18-8956-30A7D464...

> Special wiring for inline components

Helpful?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 4 of 6
cawaugh
in reply to: TomTom111

What I am trying to do in automatically create IO sheets from the PLC I/O generator program.

I add devices to be inserted at certain spots on the IO point. With the analog card, which has more than one terminal per IO point, each device goes directly to the next rung instead of to the next IO point. It's almost as if the program just puts them in on every rung no matter if you one or ten terminals per point. I would have thought that it would look at the address or TAGA attribute and put the device on that terminal. I thought it was smarter than to only process one or more devices per line every line versus every IO point. At least it gets me close, it inserts the module right and I just need to populate it manually. Thanks again.

Message 5 of 6
rhesusminus

Can you give me a screenshot/small example of what you try to accomplish? (Also brand/type of PLC)

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 6 of 6
cawaugh

It relates to the png i sent in the original post. that is where it started and i found it on the analog as well.

I'll try the special wiring from the manual but I did not have luck with it the last time i tried it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost