AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing Symbol Size

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Outbound
4921 Views, 4 Replies

Increasing Symbol Size

Is there a way that I can increase the size of component symbols?  I would l;ike for all of them to be 1.5 or 2 times the current size.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
stefan.stamate
in reply to: Outbound

Yes, right click on a project, go to properties, click on the Drawing Format tab and under Feature Scale Multiplier enter your desired scale.

Message 3 of 5
lionSG
in reply to: stefan.stamate

You can also try to modify the symbol library and resize all the symbols standard that you are using. (JIC,IEC,JIS...)

Schematic tab> Other Tools panel> Symbol Builder> Modify Symbol Library

Select the folder containing the library symbols you wish to convert and press OK.

Just rescale the symbols to what scale you want.

Remember to backup the lib folder first in case the scaling is not right.

Message 4 of 5
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Outbound

Warning!  Do not use the Feature Scale Multiplier for metric to English conversion.  It happens to scale everything  but it is intended to scale features, like dots, angled tees, wire offsets when connecting two wires to the same wire connection, etc.  If you try to use it for metric to English conversion, it throws off the trap distance and can adversely affect wire numbering, terminal numbering, and more.  I suggest that you not use the FSM to scale by more than a factor of 2 and not less than 0.5.  In that case, use the Modify Symbol Library utility.  Be sure to make a backup copy of the library folder and its contents before you change it.  Hint:  It is best to temporarily move the library you wish to modify to the root of your drive.  The utility sometimes has problems with a long path to the symbols.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 5
lionSG
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Thanks for pointing out the differences.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost