AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Symbol: Limit Switch Roller NC

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
evanjensen4116
918 Views, 5 Replies

Incorrect Symbol: Limit Switch Roller NC

Hi. I have been a user if ACADE since 2009, getting the new release every year.

This is the first time I attempted to use the Limit Switch symbols, and have found a problem with the NC Roller Limit Switch symbol. It appears to be like the Cam-Driven symbol in its NC state, NO is fine. Is there an update to correct this symbol, or will I have to edit it manually

I have attached a jpeg showing the NO and NC states of the Roller and Cam-Driven Limit Switches.

S1 - Limit Switch, Roller NO

S2 - Limit Switch, Roller NC

S3 - Limit Switch, Cam-Driven NO

S4 - Limit Switch, Cam-Driven NC.

You can see S2 looks similiar to S4* (except for the different size diameter cams).

*Block name: VLS12C; looks very simliar to VLS12S13 but should have VLD11C roller rather than cam.

Thanks

Evan Jensen
Electrical Design Engineer
UNIQUE HYDRA (PTY) LTD
A Unique Maritime Group Company
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
lionSG
in reply to: evanjensen4116

Hi,

Are you talking about this limit NC symbol?

My version 2012 looks fine.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 6
evanjensen4116
in reply to: lionSG

Thanks Lion!

Yes that is it exactly what I am looking for. I am using 2013 so perhaps thats where the problems comes in.
I have renamed the original VLS12C.dwg to VLS12C.bak and saved your copy to the Libs2 folder.

Thanks again!

Evan Jensen
UNIQUE HYDRA (PTY) LTD
Message 4 of 6

Just an FYI, I would not rename something *.bak because that is the file extension used by AutoCAD for its backup when saving a file. I Typically rename something as *ORIG.dwg or *OLD.dwg so I can find it later.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the advice Bob, I never considered the event of a backup of the symbol since that rarely would occur. To be safe, I have renamed the 2013 file to "VLS12C Orig.dwg", so I can see each old and new .dwg file next to one anther in windows.
Kind Regards,

Evan Jensen
UNIQUE HYDRA (PTY) LTD
Message 6 of 6
zalant
in reply to: evanjensen4116

There are different versions of the VLS12C.dwg block file.  In the IEEE and IEC-60617 directories, the block appears differently than if you pull it from the IEC2, IEC4, AS2, GB2, or JIS2 folders.  If you get it from the latter directories, it will look like the one in your screen capture (and the file that Lion posted).

Accordingly, the menu DAT files that correspond to the above-named directories will also show the menu icon of the block how it appears in the respective DWG files.

I hope that this clears things up.  Ultimately, which version of the block you get will be determined by which symbol library folders are in the paths within Project Properties.  If you want the menu icon to match the block you actually get, be sure that the menu DAT file matches the directories defined in your project.

Zac Travis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost