AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import PLC from 2009 to 2010

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ColmacCadGuy
264 Views, 5 Replies

Import PLC from 2009 to 2010

I was wondering if there is an easy way to bring a couple Parametric PLC's that I had to create from 2009 to 2010? I tried copying the access table in the ace_plc.mdb from the 2009 file into the 2010 file, that didn't work. I would like to avoid rebuilding the PLC's if possible.
Thanks,
Nathan Edited by: ColmacCadGuy on Jul 8, 2009 11:57 AM
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Use the migration utility.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 6
ColmacCadGuy
in reply to: ColmacCadGuy

Please excuse my naiveness, what all happens when I run the migration from 2009 to 2010? I have already made a lot of custom changes to 2010 as far as pathing and interface go. Will this effect those changes? I see that the migration utility creates a zip file and when I try to look in this zip file its blank.
Message 4 of 6

If you only want to merge the PLC data from the previous version, expand the Content category and check PLC Database. Uncheck all other boxes. However if you have added any parts to the Lookup database I would recommend migrating the Catalog Lookup database as well. Another common database to migrate forward is the Footprint Lookup database, in case you have added any footprints to the database. These are common items that often get migrated forward. If you have modified your icon menus, you may also want to consider migrating them forward so any symbols you have added will appear in the new menu. You will notice under Merge/Copy Options, that most will default to Merge.Overwrite. This merges the records from the previous database(s) into the new database(s) so you will have any new data added by Autodesk, along with data you entered into the previous version of AutoCAD Electrical.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 5 of 6
ColmacCadGuy
in reply to: ColmacCadGuy

Thanks Doug!
Did you ever get that ACAD electrical training book published?
Message 6 of 6

I got too busy traveling and teaching the course in person and haven't finished it. I had someone whom I respect very much review it and they thought it went too deep. I am re-writing it. It is finished except for the panel layout portion.

Doug McAlexander

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost