AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing Reversing Motor Starters

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
825 Views, 4 Replies

Implementing Reversing Motor Starters

How do i insert the reversing motor starter into the schematic? I have tried using two coils with the same name, but the reference turns out wrong, however i have found the footprints on the AB site. The problems now are the coils and contacts, i did not find the rev. mot. starter in the library, please help. How do i insert the parts such that the coils are different, where i can assign two sets of 3phase contacts, wired for reversing to the two separate coils, yet the coils and contacts have one cat# (e.g. AB 104-c09d22) or do i have to insert the coils separately with a separate set of contacts each, and how do i implement the arrangement with the PCL output card.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Please refer to the AutoCAD Electrical Help -> Advanced productivity ->
Creating Automated pin assignments -> Setting up PEER_COILPINS and PEER_
PINLIST. This section details how to use ACADE for reversing motor starters
into schematic.

Thanks,
Giri.

wrote in message news:5138255@discussion.autodesk.com...
How do i insert the reversing motor starter into the schematic? I have tried
using two coils with the same name, but the reference turns out wrong,
however i have found the footprints on the AB site. The problems now are the
coils and contacts, i did not find the rev. mot. starter in the library,
please help. How do i insert the parts such that the coils are different,
where i can assign two sets of 3phase contacts, wired for reversing to the
two separate coils, yet the coils and contacts have one cat# (e.g. AB
104-c09d22) or do i have to insert the coils separately with a separate set
of contacts each, and how do i implement the arrangement with the PCL output
card.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hello,
This is how we handle reversing motor starters.
See the attached drawing.
This also gives you the starters on the panel layout.

Chad
Message 4 of 5
snickerson

Giri, I tried your suggestion for the Reversing starter and it does grab the pin list information from the symbol with the part number assigned. My question is when the BOM report is run the two coil id tags are not displayed together with the catalog number. The secondary coil does not appear at all in the BOM.
Also from the footprint stand point the coil (tag1) with catalog information is the tag that appears on the footprint. Is it possible to have the footprint display the two tags from the two coils that make up the reversing starter?

Thanks
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

You may have already found a solution for your issue, but here is something that I posted a while back regarding the same problem:

Follow-up to my previous post...
I believe I have found a solution to my own problem. It seems to work in my particular situation anyway.
I modified the coil block to contain the WDTAGALT attribute (a tip borrowed from Nate Holt's "Index to 50 AutoCAD Electrical Utilities") and added an XREF attribute beneath the NC and NO attributes. Upon insertion I retagged the blocks with the same ref des, in this case M1011, but added -K1 and -K2 suffixes and made them fixed tags. I only assigned a component lookup to the -K1 insertion and I used the "Retrieve from Peer" option to assign pin numbers to the -K2 insertion. As suggested in Nate Holt's tip, the WDTAGALT attribute in each insertion references the other's TAG1 attribute, i.e., M1011-K1 points to M1011-K2 and vice-versa. The "peer" coil locations now show up with the contact locations, and all of the pins are available for each coil's contact sets so the program no longer tells me that I am out of contacts.
When I run a component list both M1011-K1 and M1011-K2 show up, but the -K2 instance "appears" to be included for reference information only because it lists only the ref des and the line number location.
I have also found it useful to add a X8LINK attribute at the bottom quadrant of the relay and contactor coil blocks to graphically link the contacts when they are located directly beneath the coils. This gets rid of a lot of text clutter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost