AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iec symbols

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
cameron100
1702 Views, 3 Replies

iec symbols

how do i change from jic to iec data base. when i try using the icon menu wizard it keeps defaulting to jic

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mathalekar
in reply to: cameron100

Use of symbol is depending on which standard you are using while project creation. Create a project with JIC standard and icon menu will show JIC standards. However if you wish to change the existing project standard then there is a feature called as swap block. You also need to change the symbol library paths in options as well as in project properties to make a clean change swip.
Message 3 of 4

The Icon Menu Wizard is used to add newly created symbols that you make to the Icon Menu, so you can click an image to insert the new symbol. This is optional, since you can get to your custom made symbols by click the Browse button at the bottom middle of the Icon Menu interface and simply select the file. Specific symbol library assignments are made at project level for each project. You assign the menu and symbol path separately. When you activate an IEC project, you get an IEC menu and symbols. When you activate a JIC project, you get a JIC menu and symbols. Assigning the menu and library separately allows for an added bonus. You could use the IEC menu but assign the JIC library folder, to insert JIC symbols instead of IEC This can be helpful if you are not familiar with JIC symbols but must create circuit diagrams to ship to America. However, JIC is old, so I would suggest using the NFPA library instead, in that situation. But bear in mind that there are more symbol types in the IEC standard than exist in the JIC or NFPA standard, due in part to the number of specific modifiers used with IEC symbols, thus there might not always be an exact JIC equivalent block.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 4

I have had a similar problem to cameron. I tried to install the extra content via the Windows control panel > Uninstall a program, but when I had selected the additional standards and content that I wanted and clicked to update, I was asked to insert DVD 2 of 3 (see attached). I am using Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015 and the USB media for installation and had it inserted at the time that I tried to install the IEC standard. Is there some way around this? Are these standards and supplier content not available with PDSU 2015?

Kind regards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost