AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IEC Schematic Symbol for a Keyboard and mouse

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
testsubject
855 Views, 5 Replies

IEC Schematic Symbol for a Keyboard and mouse

I am looking fro some help from the IEC users in the group. Is there a schematic symbol for a keyboard or mouse?

How about a USB flash drive?

This items are definitely not in the 60617 daatabse...

Thanks in advance.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
johnq
in reply to: testsubject

Hi Bob

Are you looking for a new key board that does not jumble the "a's"?Smiley Very Happy

Cheers jq

Message 3 of 6
s.wile
in reply to: testsubject

I asked the guys at www.grabcad.comto add an AutoCAD Electrical symbols category. It seems the mechanical group does a much better job of sharing than the electrical group. As I find time I will be pushing some of my electrical symbols up there too. There is a place to request models/symbols on GrabCAD as well. At the time of this post there are 412,000 registered users.

I am asked for the same electrical symbols over and over yet for some reason electrical users hold very tight to their own symbols once they create them.

If you created some cool custom symbols, help the electrical user world out and post some of your electrical symbols for others to use.

Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 4 of 6
johnq
in reply to: s.wile

Hi Stan

I share your thoughts, not knowing your background, so please excuse me if tread on your toes.

As an example; from  an engineering point of view an involute gear can only be drawn on way. The profile etc folloes strict principals. Where as an Earth leackage relay can be drawn many ways and it also depends on the brand.

Currently I would not be permitted to put up any of my electrical symbols.

This has been a problem for me when I have asked this FORUM for assistance.  Help has been willingly provided base on my description.   BUT a drawing would have made help much easier and faster.

Cheers  John Q

Message 5 of 6
s.wile
in reply to: johnq

No worries, my toes are safe. I understand the lack of industry wide standards when it comes to electrical drawings. Each company seems to have their way of doing things based off of what their shop/customers want to see. What I find humorous is how each company swears the way their drawings look are "industry standard." If that was the case, there would be no reason to customize AutoCAD Electrical.

I also totally understand that some companies are very strict with what can leave the office. Still some of us are out there who could post symbols as we find/make them.

If you could download a symbol of a certain type of relay, it would be much easier to customize that to fit your needs than to start from nothing. Also if your search for the relay resulted in several different types of symbols, you could pick the one that is the closest to what you're after. I see the mechanical side do this every day.

Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 6 of 6
Icemanau
in reply to: s.wile

The AS2 Library follows the Australian standard fairly closley for general symbols according to the list of standard symbols (AS1102.101 to 1102.109). This covers items like CB's, Relay/Contactor coils, A fair few of the common contact types and most of the other common somponents.

However the standards don't cover items like multifunction protection relays, multifunction meters and other components that have cropped up.

For these I usually just have a box with terminals on the edges to take the required wiring.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost