AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IEC schematic library absent

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
nikosmerinopoulos
18935 Views, 4 Replies

IEC schematic library absent

IEC 60617_2 schematic library is not installed when installing directly from web. Can you provide this library as an additional file to be installed.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hello,  

We do have the IEC-60617 schematic library in the AutoCAD Electrical from 2013 release. Can you make sure you have selected the IEC60617 lib when you install the ACE?

Thanks,

Robin Shou

Quality Assurance

Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical

Message 3 of 5

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your prompt response.

This particular software was downloaded and installed directly from web (student version) and I was not able to select ACE or what other extras to install. Installation was done automatically and most likely IEC library was not installed. Please advise what can be the best and the easiest way to obtain the missing libraries.

I have no problem to find all ACE MENUS in AutoCAD 2014 Electric but the specific libraries IEC 60617.....etc. etc. for schematic and panel symbols are missing.

Please note that before installing AutoCAD 2014 Electric I had already installed the AutoCAD 2014. Is this related to the problem?

Many thanks and regards

Nikos

Message 4 of 5
zalant
in reply to: nikosmerinopoulos

When you download and install Autodesk products, a local directory should be created on your local C: drive called 'Autodesk'.  Within that folder is the  complete source installation content.  

If you already have installed AutoCAD Electrical, go through Programs and Features in the Windows Control Panel, and double-click the listing for AutoCAD Electrical.  Select the option to Add or Remove Features.  After the manufacturer list dialog, you'll arrive at a dialog where you can check boxes for the various symbol libraries, including IEC-60617.

Add-Remove Features - Electrical.png

A sample project called IEC60617DEMO will be added along with the symbol library.  If you want to change your current projects to use the IEC-60617 libraries, you'll need to redirect the schematic/panel library and menu file paths within the properties of the project.  Set the properties of the IEC60617DEMO project to see the correct paths and file names.

Zac Travis
Message 5 of 5
Abdelkader1
in reply to: zalant

Hello,

i don't find ' IEC-60617 ' in the list  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost