AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IEC 61346-2 based on their ?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ersidhu
986 Views, 6 Replies

IEC 61346-2 based on their ?

IEC61346-2 introduced changes such that devices,whether mechnical,electrical,pneumatic or otherwise are classified,based more so on their:-

Physical properties  or applications

plz help me .

regards

ersidhu

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dougmcalexander
in reply to: ersidhu

IEC81346-2 supersedes IEC61346-2.  The main difference is letter code "H" now has a meaning which is "Producing a new kind of material or product."

I still prefer IEC61346-1, which is more like the DIN standard.  You could tell by the letter code what the function of the device is.  IEC81346-1 was so broad that IC81346-2 added the option of a second letter to clarify the function of the device.  It seems to me that they should have left well enough alone.  I sometimes wonder if the IEC is making change for the sake of change, to make themselves appear busy.

The IEC60617 library that ships with AutoCAD Electrical version 2012 and later is based upon the IEC81346-2 letter codes, and uses the optional second letter.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 7
ersidhu
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Thanks Sir,

My question is IEC 61346-2 is based on DIN standard from germany or not.Plz Reply.

Thanks & Regards

ersidhu.

Message 4 of 7
ersidhu

Sorry Sir,

My question is IEC61346-2 introduced changes such that devices,whether mechnical,electrical,pneumatic or otherwise are classified,

based more so on their:-

a)Physical properties   b)applications.

which is the best answer.

Plz reply

Thanks & Regards

ersidhu

Message 5 of 7
dougmcalexander

IEC61346-1 was more like DIN.  If you prefer the DIN letter codes, use the IEC library from AutoCAD Electrical, not the IEC60617 library, but be aware that your documentation will not be up to the latest standard.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 6 of 7
dougmcalexander

IEC61346-2 is based upon physical properties.  IEC61346-1 was based on circuit function.  IEC81346-2 with 2-letter code covers both categories.  That is represented in the IEC60617 library from AutoCAD Electrical.

Doug McAlexander

Message 7 of 7
ersidhu
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Thanks Sir.

Regards

ersidhu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost