AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icon Menu

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
cbenner
543 Views, 4 Replies

Icon Menu

I think I know the answer to this,... but is there no way to dock the schematic or panel icon menus?  I'm getting carpal tunnel from having to open the thing for every single symbol I want to place.

Tool Palettes are a bust since they do not call the proper command for inserting the symbol inlie, breaking the line, or determining the orientation of the block.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

Hi!
I'm not sure I understand you correctly, but you could always replace all custom symbols in one sub-menu to not looking for they through all icon menu.
And you can open and edit icon menu in text editor too.

Message 3 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: cbenner

The icon menus are shon in a modal dialog, and are not avialable for "docking".

If you have a look in the API help, you'll find all you need to insert symbols with wire breaks etc. This can be implemented on the tool palette.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 4 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: rhesusminus

@rhesusminus wrote:

The icon menus are shon in a modal dialog, and are not avialable for "docking".

If you have a look in the API help, you'll find all you need to insert symbols with wire breaks etc. This can be implemented on the tool palette.

How much of a programmer do you need to be to do this?  I've never done anything with API... not sure I'd even know how.  But if that's how it's done... I plan to learn!  😄

Message 5 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: rhesusminus

Ok,.. a little old fashioned digging and I found my way into the API Help.... wow.  Never messed around in there, but what a treasure trove!  I found the syntax needed to insert a symbol at the command line, and used that to successfully apply to the tool palette.  I am a very happy camper right now.

Thank you for the advice!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost