AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icon Menu Wizard

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
jmatt287
830 Views, 12 Replies

Icon Menu Wizard

I am having some issues when attempting to open the Icon Menu Wizard. Normally when I would click on the Icon Menu Wizard, I would have the options to select the default .dat files for either the panel or schematic icon menus. Or a third option would be to browse for the .dat file I wished to edit. For some odd reason when I opened the Icon Menu Wizard this morning, it has quit giving me the option to select the .dat file I wished to edit and just opens straight to the schematic icon menu.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

thanks,

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
rhesusminus
in reply to: jmatt287

Stupid questions:

1. The window that appears. Is it named "Icon Menu Wizard" on top?

2. Have you restarted AcadE?

3. Does it work if you activate another project?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 13
jmatt287
in reply to: rhesusminus

Yes, I have restarted ACADE as well as activating another project and I am still not presented with the option to select which .dat file I wish to edit. It just continues to default to the schematic icon menu wizard.

Message 4 of 13
rhesusminus

As a workaround, if you write this on the command-line:

(setq GBL_wd_sch_menu_override "MYMENU.DAT")

change MYMENU.DAT to your menu file name, and press the Icon Menu Wizard button...

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 13
jmatt287

That seems to work ok as a workaround although I'm not a fan of it. But thanks for the help

Message 6 of 13
rhesusminus

For my curisoity, could you turn on debugging, and run the Icon Menu Wizard command?

You can turn on "debug mode" byt typing this on the command line: (setq Aw_debug 1)

and press enter. 

The run the Icon Menu Wizard again, and press "Cancel". Now, press F2 to see the command line, and copy/paste that information into a reply here...

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 7 of 13
jmatt287

Ok, here it is...thanks again

IN:wd_mnu_get_mnu OUT:wd_mnu_get_mnu=ace_panel_MENU.DAT Icon Menu Wizard

IN:wd_fio_does_file_exist (ace_panel_MENU.DAT) IN:wd_fio_chk_exist_usr_prj=ace_panel_MENU.DAT

wd_1a_gn_getenv WD_ACADPATHFIRST=nil OUT:wd_fio_chk_exist_usr_prj OUT:wd_fio_does_file_exist=C:\Users\jmatthews\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2014\R19.1\enu\Support\ace_panel_MENU.DAT IN:wd_copy_file OUT:wd_copy_file=9203 Copied: C:\Users\jmatthews\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2014\R19.1\enu\Support\ace_panel_MENU.DAT --> C:\Users\jmatthews\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2014\R19.1\enu\Support\ace_panel_MENU.BAK

IN:wd_fio_does_file_exist (C:\Users\jmatthews\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2014\R19.1\enu\Support\ace_panel_MENU.DAT) OUT:wd_fio_does_file_exist=C:\Users\jmatthews\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2014\R19.1\enu\Support\ace_panel_MENU.DAT IN:wd_fio_does_file_exist (C:\Users\jmatthews\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2014\R19.1\enu\Support\ace_panel_MENU.DAT) OUT:wd_fio_does_file_exist=C:\Users\jmatthews\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2014\R19.1\enu\Support\ace_panel_MENU.DAT  wd_1a_gn_getenv WD_USER=C:/Users/jmatthews/AppData/Roaming/Autodesk/AutoCAD Electrical 2014/R19.1/enu/Support/user/  wd_1a_gn_getenv WD_USERCKTDIR=nil  wd_1a_gn_getenv WD_USER=C:/Users/jmatthews/AppData/Roaming/Autodesk/AutoCAD Electrical 2014/R19.1/enu/Support/user/  wd_1a_gn_getenv WD_USERCKTDIR=nil

Message 8 of 13
jmatt287

I don't think i copied all of the info....here it is again...

Command: Icon Menu Wizard

IN:wd_menu_wdmenu2use OUT:wd_menu_wdmenu2use=ace_panel_MENU.DAT IN:wd_mnu_get_mnu OUT:wd_mnu_get_mnu=ace_panel_MENU.DAT Icon Menu Wizard

IN:wd_fio_does_file_exist (ace_panel_MENU.DAT) IN:wd_fio_chk_exist_usr_prj=ace_panel_MENU.DAT

wd_1a_gn_getenv WD_ACADPATHFIRST=nil OUT:wd_fio_chk_exist_usr_prj OUT:wd_fio_does_file_exist=C:\Users\jmatthews\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2014\R19.1\enu\Support\ace_panel_MENU.DAT IN:wd_copy_file OUT:wd_copy_file=9203 Copied: C:\Users\jmatthews\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2014\R19.1\enu\Support\ace_panel_MENU.DAT --> C:\Users\jmatthews\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2014\R19.1\enu\Support\ace_panel_MENU.BAK

IN:wd_fio_does_file_exist (C:\Users\jmatthews\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2014\R19.1\enu\Support\ace_panel_MENU.DAT) OUT:wd_fio_does_file_exist=C:\Users\jmatthews\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2014\R19.1\enu\Support\ace_panel_MENU.DAT IN:wd_fio_does_file_exist (C:\Users\jmatthews\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2014\R19.1\enu\Support\ace_panel_MENU.DAT) OUT:wd_fio_does_file_exist=C:\Users\jmatthews\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2014\R19.1\enu\Support\ace_panel_MENU.DAT  wd_1a_gn_getenv WD_USER=C:/Users/jmatthews/AppData/Roaming/Autodesk/AutoCAD Electrical 2014/R19.1/enu/Support/user/  wd_1a_gn_getenv WD_USERCKTDIR=nil  wd_1a_gn_getenv WD_USER=C:/Users/jmatthews/AppData/Roaming/Autodesk/AutoCAD Electrical 2014/R19.1/enu/Support/user/  wd_1a_gn_getenv WD_USERCKTDIR=nil

Message 9 of 13
rhesusminus

What happens if you type this on the command line?

(wd_mnu_get_mnu "mymenu.dat")

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 10 of 13
jmatt287

That just worked the same as the command you gave me earlier, which was

(setq GBL_wd_sch_menu_override "MYMENU.DAT")

Message 11 of 13
rhesusminus

Strange indeed. So, no messages returned to the command line?

It's supposed to show the "select menu file"-dialog:

Capture.PNG

Do you have a networked version of AcadE with customized files?

I'll do some checking to see if I can find the DCL-file for this dialog...

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 12 of 13
rhesusminus

This dialog is a part of the file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\Acade\Support\en-US\wdmnuwiz.dcl

Can you post this file here, so that I can compare it to my version?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 13 of 13
jmatt287

I am not using a network version...I think I may see what the problem is here. When I follow the file path you just sent me, when I'm in the "support'' folder, there is only 1 file there which is "Mtextmap.ini"
Maybe somehow or another I deleted the contents of the ''Support'' folder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost