AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Active Contributor
btackes
Message 1 of 5 (1,440 Views)

Icon menu resource dll

1440 Views, 4 Replies
09-07-2010 03:25 PM

Anyone know how to create Icon menu resource dll files?

Contributor
acyxou
Message 2 of 5 (1,412 Views)

Re: Icon menu resource dll

09-11-2010 06:20 AM in reply to: btackes

Hello, btackes!  

Have you found an answer? I'm stuck with the same problem now....

Active Contributor
btackes
Message 3 of 5 (1,385 Views)

Re: Icon menu resource ODL

09-13-2010 03:13 AM in reply to: acyxou

Sorry I guess no one knows the answer so it either individual png files or slide libraries.

Contributor
acyxou
Message 4 of 5 (1,379 Views)

Re: Icon menu resource ODL

09-13-2010 04:06 AM in reply to: btackes

Actually I solved this problem about a half an hour after asking you about that :smileywink: and It's pretty simple to implement....

1. All u have to do is to create a new C++ project in VC choosing "Win32 Project" as template, on the next page of Win32 Application Wizard select "DLL" as Application Type, click Finish.
  2. In Solution Explorer of your newly created project click on "Resource View" tab, right click on root node in "Resource View" -> Properties. On the left side of "Properties" window expand "Linker" section, then select "Advanced", in "Advanced" change "No Entry Point" to "Yes (/NOENTRY)". Click OK
  3.  Add your bitmaps by right clicking on root node in "Resource View" -> Add... -> Resource... In Resource Type choose "Bitmap", then click on "Import" button and navigate to your Icons folder, choose whatever icons u want. After that close all opened tabs with chosen icons in VC.
  4. Go back to "Solution Explorer" tab, expand "Resource Files" folder, find there *.rc file, right click on it -> "View Code". Find there your icons paths, they will look something like this: 
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    //
    // PNG
    //

IDB_PNG1     PNG       "C:\\Path\\To\\Icons\\Folder\\Autocad.png"

Change "IDB_PNG1" according to the name you specified in your cui file.

Then save and build your project. Give the same name to the resulting DLL as your cui file has and put it in the cui folder. That's it! Should be working.... I find this method it's much more easier then using "Resource Hacker".  :smileyhappy:

Active Contributor
cvc-it-mb
Message 5 of 5 (641 Views)

Re: Icon menu resource dll

07-05-2012 09:07 AM in reply to: btackes

Actaully it's much easier than that, especially if you don't have C++.

Download XN Resource Editor and then open the DLL file attached for the format the icons must follow. Then name the DLL the same as your menu file( test.mnu and test.dll). In your menu file you call the icons by the name you give them in the DLL, so per my example DLL you would call the icon for Layer Isolate by LAYISO16.

Hope that helps,

Jim

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.