AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love the new re-order ability!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
testsubject
347 Views, 5 Replies

I love the new re-order ability!

Of all the new things in 2013, so far I really like being able to drag a drawing around in the project list to be able to re-order. that is excellent!

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: testsubject

Yep, that is really a feature that makes things a lot easier. Work would be hell with a chaotic list.

Message 3 of 6
CAD-ICE

Hi Bob,

I have deliberately waited to install ACADE2013 because I have heard that there were some issues and  problems with it and to my knowledge the new things introduced in this version did not seem to be a big breakthrough.

What´s your opinion on this?

Regards, Gary

Message 4 of 6
testsubject
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Gary,

The biggest grumbler was over how Autodesk handled the SNAP function. Now it is more dynamic. For example, the snap is off until you initiate a command like Line. Then it turns itself on and the cursor jumps around per the snap value. If you are used to using the Snap for lining things up prior to starting a command, this will take a little getting used to. They did provide a patch to allow one to return to the way Snap used to work, but I try to learn the new function before I give up on it. It was a bit different but now that I am used to it, I like it.

Another new thing is how the right mouse context sensative menus are configured. Instead of the vertical list, now you have a circular array of commands. I like this. It makes it so that you do not have to move your mouse very far to get to the command you want to use (instead of having to scroll to the top or bottom of the list).

I already mentioned the reorder of the project list. In addition to this, you can now organize the project list into subfolders which is nice.

Since I was starting at a new company, it made sense to go straight to ACE 2013 since I did not have any unique menus or icons developed yet.

I am disappointed that the Power Check Feature which has been available since 2008 (I think) still does not allow you to automatically fill in the XData pertaining to it still making it pretty useless from a time management POV.

Do you need to install it right now? I suppose that is a judgement call on your part. I like the new features, but YMMV.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 5 of 6
CAD-ICE

Thank´s Bob, really good pointers in your reply.

I´m installing 2013 in the coming day´s....seem´s like it worth at try based on your answers.

Thanks again and have a good weekend.

Regards, Gary

Message 6 of 6
fma-install

To Change the snap back to old versions

Type following

Command: SNAPGRIDLEGACY
Enter new value for SNAPGRIDLEGACY <1>: 1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost