AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a problem with attribute for my tagline

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
523 Views, 9 Replies

I have a problem with attribute for my tagline

Hi all, I have a problem with Autocad Electrical 2014, I need an attribute for my tagline (box), which is referencing the name of the next document, since the numbering is not continuous sheets, someone knows you have to put that attribute? Currently I have an attribute that is [filename], would need something like (following [filename]). Thank you for your help! : smileywink:

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

Tagline?  If I understand you correctly, it sounds like you want to automatically update attributes in your title block that display the previous and next sheet number.  I posted a lisp routine that Nate Holt developed for me years ago, when I needed this for my IEC projects.  Go to the link below to find the lisp and instructions explaining how to use it.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Electrical-General/Next-Sheet-Number/m-p/2428919/highlight/tru...

Autodesk added this function as part of version 2015.  It's even easier because you only need to map the previous and next attributes using Title Block Setup and check the box to update these attributes as part of a Title Block Update.  I highly recommend upgrading to version 2015, especially if you are new to AutoCAD Electrical.  Do it before you add so many custom part numbers to your catalog database.  AutoCAD Electrical 2015 includes a new Catalog Browser, which requires that you migrate your old catalog database forward.  If your old database contains some irregularities, it might not migrate forward.  The Catalog Browser allows you to select a part number first and the symbol pops up ready for insertion.  You assign your preferred symbol the first time you select this part number, and after that, the Catalog Browser offers this symbol for insertion each time you select that part number.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Thank you, but not what I need, i´ll be use for other projects. In this case: I have a wdp proyect having dwg pages calls 003.dwg ... 004 -007 -011 to 012 ... etc. ... 015.dwg I need you to tell me in each page which I am positioned and what the siquiente. Example (sheet or doc 004; next sheet or next: _doc 007) if you could help me to solve. thanks and regards

Message 4 of 10
dougmcalexander

Aren't you looking for previous and next sheet functions so it is clear that drawings are not missing if certain pages are not needed?  Look at the attached image.  This is from one of my IEC projects.  The current drawing is sheet 4 and the arrow indicates that the next drawing is sheet 7.  There is another arrow on the left side of the drawing that indicates the previous sheet number.  And there are 16 drawings total in the project.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Dear Doug, 

Yes, Maybe what you need is next page but I numbered in ascending order.

How do you can to do number with those jumps? Thanks

let attached image.

Message 6 of 10
dougmcalexander

I'm having difficulty understanding you.  You have to assign each sheet number yourself.  The software just fills in the previous and next attributes for you during title block update.

Doug McAlexander

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Dear Doug, the problem is that you do not put the title attribute block (next_sheet) so I recognize the sequence of pages, I have 80 numbered pages with different numeration and do not want to do it manually.
Message 8 of 10
dougmcalexander

Unless your pages are numbered sequentially there is no automation for you. The title block update allows you to input a beginning number and it can assign sheet numbers in sequential order during the title block update. If your sheet numbers include gaps you must enter the sheet number yourself. The software cannot know how many numbers to skip and that could vary anyway. I usually do this while entering the Installation and Location codes into the New Drawing dialog.

Doug McAlexander

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Doug,
thank you very much for attempting to answer my questions. I hope to resolve it in the way that is easier and that makes the fewest mistakes.

Mauricio Maldonado (ds.maldonado)

Message 10 of 10
dougmcalexander

You're welcome. I'm sorry I had difficulty understanding. But I'm glad we arrived at a solution.

Doug McAlexander

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost