AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperlinking drawings together from within AutoCADE ??

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
clyons
276 Views, 2 Replies

Hyperlinking drawings together from within AutoCADE ??

Is there a way to include a link in a drawing that will allow another AutoCADE drawing to be displayed (i.e. hyperlink concept)?  I'd like to have a main SYSTEM OVERVIEW drawing that provides the general structure of a project's documentation set and be able to navigate the set of related documents directly from that overview drawing (without having to know the specific drawing naming conventions used within a project).  Is there a selectable object that can be placed on a drawing that can contain a hyperlink to the next level drawing and allow that drawing to become active in the drawing area?  Appreciate any help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: clyons

Maybe you can use stand-alone cross references, and use the surfer to move around?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 3
drathak
in reply to: clyons

I take it that the Project Manager isn't suitable for your needs?  If you have relevant information in your title blocks and use the Display List configuration tool you can have the PM show you lots of information.  That coupled with some project "folders" make organization a snap. The attached image is the Project Manager for one of our substations.  I don't need to know the naming convention. (I do, but I don't have to to read this.)

Otherwise, the ability to use hyperlinks within AUtoCAD does exist.  I've never bothered with it but here are some links.  To me, creating and maintaining that "SYSTEM OVERVIEW drawing" is an extra task that isn't going to gain me a lot and adds a place to miss something.

http://www.ellenfinkelstein.com/acadblog/using-hyperlinks/

http://www.cad-notes.com/using-multiple-hyperlinks-with-block-attributes/

More...

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost