AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Roger_Hydrasun
444 Views, 1 Reply

Hydraulics

We are moving from AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 to AutoCAD Electrical 2014 for hydraulic schematics. Once we have the schematic, we use Inventor to produce the fabrication and assembly drawings.

• We would like the Inventor model to be automatically generated as much as is possible
  • We would then like to use Vault to output a purchasing Bill of Materials.

I have started by going through the tutorial “Pneumatic, Hydraulic and P&ID Diagrams”. The instructions seemed to be for a different version of AutoCAD Electrical. I completed the tutorial, except for the problem:

• How to change the level (colour) of the Wires?

I am now trying to put one of our schematics into Electrical. Some problems that I am having are:

• Wires try to draw themselves in an S shape when a straight line is required.
  • How do I show curved lines to represent flexible hoses?
  • How do I add the fittings?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ken.sutton
in reply to: Roger_Hydrasun

After layers have been established you can select the layer by entering "t" for wire type after you select insert wire command.

The "S" lines can be controlled by entering "c' (continue) while you are placing your wires.  It is also important to know which direction the terminals were inserted into the symbol.  If they were established in only one direction and you "flip" a symbol the wire will still try to connect in the original (left, right,top,bottom) connection direction.  The "insert wire connection" tool will allow you to add a connection in the desired direction.

Ken

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost