AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HVAC Controls Drawing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
nicnsw
1347 Views, 1 Reply

HVAC Controls Drawing

Hi, We are trying to use Autocad Electrical to improve our HVAC controls drawing.

Basicaly what we want is to link an instrument with the PLC I/O adress and vice-verca.

For exemple, Under a temperature sensor, we want the sensor name and the PLC I/O adress. At the PLC, we want the sensor name displayed at the correct PLC I/O adress.

What would be the best way to do that? We would like that if we change a component from one PLC I/O to an other, it updates automatically the PLC adress of the component on the other sheet.

I've attached an example of the drawings we usually do manually on autocad LT.

Thanks!

Sans titre.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
lionSG
in reply to: nicnsw

You can try to set the sensor component tag at the schematic drawing as "Use PLC Address".

Assume that you are familiar with the panel footprints, you can create your HVAC control as a panel drawing and then do a manual insert footprint,

such as a generic marker and select from the schematic list to choose the sensor with the plc address that you want to link with.

There maybe other better methods so hope this can help you for a start.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost