AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to solve Missing component pin numbers in circuit builder

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
laki.anu87
558 Views, 5 Replies

How to solve Missing component pin numbers in circuit builder

Hello,

When I am inserting the circuit in different template sizes, I find some component pin numbers missing in the drawing. Please look at the image provided for ref

C-size template

C-size1.png

As shown in the above image, Contactor(MJ-3), startPB(PBF-7) is missing componenet pin number in C-Size template.

A-Size template

A-size.png

As shown in this image, the same contactor(MQ-1), startPB(PBL-13) is having the componenet pin number in A-size template.

Why is this so? And How can I resolve this..?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Icemanau
in reply to: laki.anu87

It may be a difference in libraries.

The two different dwg sizes use different libraries and thus have different blocks. If the blocks in one set have certain attributes hidden then you get this sort of situation.

Find the block names for the two blocks that aren't showing their terminal numbers, and then open those blocks as dwgs. Select the terminal attributes and change them to visible, save and then update the blocks in the main dwg. This should show the terminal information as you require and will stop any more such problems for those blocks in the future.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
laki.anu87
in reply to: Icemanau

Hi Icemanau,

Thanks,

I moved the templetes to the same librery, but it did not work. I opened the block seperatly in a drawing as you said, and selected the properties, and and changed the attribute in "MISC Options". Please look in the into the image for reference.

misc1.png

In your previous mail, you said "Select the terminal attributes and change them to visible, save and then update the blockes in the drawing", can you please explain this in detail.

Message 4 of 6
Icemanau

The different libraries are for different page sizes, other than the size of the block, they should be exactly the same, at least for the libraries to go with the same standard.

The picture you attached shows the misc properties for an attribute. It doesn't matter if the attribute is selected via the CTRL-Left Click on an installed block or the standard select in an opened block. The third option makes the attribute show up or be invisible. To see the attribute, the invisible setting needs to be set to NO as the pic shows.

To check the term numbers, in an opened block, you need to select the TERM** attributes (the ** will be different numers). Check and make sure that the invisible setting is set to NO and then save the block.

You will have to UPDATE the block in any dwg you are working on so that the latest version of the block is used in the dwg.

If that doesn't fix the problem, then it may be something in the Circuit Builder that is turning the particular attributes off. To change that, you will need to right click on the block, and select attributes->List from the menu. Look for the TERM** attributes and click on them to make sure a asterix (*) appears next to the name in the list.

THe only other possibility that I can think of is that the particular component selected does not have any pin list data associated with it's catalog number.

Regards Brad

>

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
laki.anu87
in reply to: Icemanau

HI Brad,

Thanks for your reply,

I tried all that you recommended me to do. But still I did not get the result. As you can see the images below. I did give the pin numbers but they were not reflecting in the drawing.

Image1.pngiMAGE3.png

i give the pin numbers but in above image only pin numbers are not shown.

Image2.png

Is there anything we can do to solve this issue.

Message 6 of 6
Icemanau

In the first pic, the TERM01 and TERM02 values are blank in the Show/Hide Attributes for HPB11. These are the where the terminal numbers go that need to be displayed....

I normally don't set the default for terminals but set them through the pin list database. This should automatically fill the values in according to the selected part number.

Regards Brad

>

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost