AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to move the compoent description

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anadig
560 Views, 2 Replies

how to move the compoent description

Dear All,

I am new to AutoCAD Electrical, please help me out in this issue: I insert a component to a drawing with descriptions.  However, the component description displayed on an undesired location on the drawing.  I tried to move the component description to the desired location, but failed.  The component description couldn't be moved by itself.  It appeared it sticked with the component together.  Please advise if this is doable for just to move the component description.

Thanks,

Kent

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: Anadig

Firs option is the ACADE way, right click on the block and then select attribute from the pup up menu.

Now from this menu, select MOVE.

Finally select the attributes you wish to move and then right click. Select the base point (I usually use the insertion point of the attribute) and move to their new position.

The other option you have is to select the block and then select the grips on each attribute to be moved and move them individually. This is a standard ACAD function and will be available no matter what vertical is used.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anadig
in reply to: Icemanau

thank you, it works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost