AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify an entire project circuit.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
446 Views, 2 Replies

How to modify an entire project circuit.

Hi to everyone.

I have drawn power and control diagram for 54 motors. Most of them have the same control diagram (the changes are in the tags of course). The problem arise when the engineer decided to change the control diagram of the most of them (always the same modification adding component and terminals, trimming and stretching wires, etc).

The first procedure I made was to draw one diagram and save it into the icon menu, then I inserted in new sheets (retag automatic) until I finished. That was all. It took me more time to draw the first circuit than the others 53.

So resuming. Is there a way to modify only one circuit and change the others that are the same?

I tried with the swap/update but I know I'm doing something wrong; I can't realize what it is

Thanks for your time

Ernesto Fraga

Montevideo - Uruguay

-sorry for my English

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

I have done something like this in the past using a script.  I created a script to open each drawing erase a region, and insert the circuit. The circuit is a .DWG file so you insert it like you would a block.  Set the base point for the circuit to 0,0,0 and set your script to insert at 0,0,0.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

Thanks.

Then I retag.

Nice solution

Ernesto Fraga

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost