AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Signal coordinates via "API"?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
rhesusminus
349 Views, 1 Reply

How to get Signal coordinates via "API"?

I need to to the the coordinates for the connection points (X??TERM?? attributes) for the signals I have spread around my project.

Can't find anything in the API documentation, and looking in the project scratch database, I only find connection point data for schematic components. Not for signals, not even for terminals.

Is there any way to find this information? Without actually opening each drawing with a signal in it (I can find what drawings they are in in the SIG-table of the project scratch database) and "scan" them?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Trond Hasse Lie,

there are no published APIs that would do this. And you are right, the information is not in the project database. I think there is a way this can be done using some of the internal calls AutoCAD Electrical uses to get information from a drawing that may not be open or active. This will probably take some back and forth and might be better done through email. If you want to give this a try let me know at pat.murnen@autodesk.com. Would be a nice little challenge and maybe we can make it generic enough to get this information for other components.

Regards,

Pat

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost