AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get combinations of different components in a single selection

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
291 Views, 2 Replies

How to get combinations of different components in a single selection

How to get combinations of different components in a single selection. For example: As of now, I need to select Hand-Off-Auto seperately and Start PB seperatly. But I need the combination of these two in Circuit Configuration in single selection.
This will help me get the "Hand-off-Auto selector switch with Start_PB" in a single selection.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Laki.anu87,

Its a little hard but you really need to understand  coding to join the two of them.

Its basically a form of Binary. 

Let take the transformer from the 3 phase_H Circuit as an example.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code    Comments                UI Title                UI _Prompt_List       UI_Val         UI_SEL

XL001    Overloads       Overload elements           Thermal                 2

None                      0                 0            

Include N.O. auxiliary contact       No                          0

Yes                         1            

1

2

3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** I tried editing the table 3 times now...its still a mess

(2,0,0,1 lines up with UI_VAL)  (0,1,2,3 lines up with UI_SEL)***

The "Code" is the main component that will be affected by the Command list. (not shown)

The "Comment" is a descriptor there to help you indentify the row in case you need to go back and edit the code

(makes it easier to find)

The "UI Title"  allows you to select multiple options in the same window.

The "UI Prompt list" populates the Drop down menu for each UI Title

Next is the Important part  UI_VAL and UI_SEL.

UI_VAL is the value assigned to the option to left in the UI PRompt list.

UI_SEL takes the combination of all the UI VALs and runs the Command List.

So to add two options together you need to make them the same option.

You also have to make them part of the same "ORDER" (like 4.1.1 and 4.1.2) in the Circuit Template.

After that simply fill in the UI_SEL value and the matching Command list items.

If you want more than one option to occur at the same time (none and no in the above case) simply give them the same UI_VAL.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi james,

Thanks for your reply,

But I am lookimg for combination of componenets from "TWO DIFFERENT FAMILIES".( Please look at the provided image for referance.) For Example: the Following image shows PB1(push button) and MA-2 (contactor NO) componenets. These are from two different families. My queestion is how to achive this in a single selection. What is the procedure to do this.

leUntitled picture.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost