AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix (ERROR:malformed list on input)

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
gabea21
14419 Views, 18 Replies

How to fix (ERROR:malformed list on input)

I can't use anything thats under the schematic tab like nothing will open for me.  Everytime I click something it says error:malformed list on input,  it was working a couple of days ago but all of a sudden it doesnt work anymore.  Can someone please help me fix this problem. (STEP BY STEP)  Thanks alot.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
KevinLi-Autodesk
in reply to: gabea21

Hi gabea21,

Thanks for your report and can you try to Repair your AutoCAD Electrical via control panel, select AutoCAD Electrical XXXX, click Uninstall, click Repair or Reinstall button, click Repair, it will restore AutoCAD Electrical XXXX to the default state.

Regards,

Kevin Li

SQA Engineer

Autodesk, Inc.

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 3 of 19
gabea21
in reply to: KevinLi-Autodesk

I've tried to repair every program autocad electrical came with and it still doesn't work.  I can't get the schematic tab ( anything in the tab to work).  Is there any other way to get it to work?  thanks

Message 4 of 19
KevinLi-Autodesk

Hi gabea21,

Seems there is problem in your Ribbon as you cannot get the Schematic tab, can you try to call command MENU in command line and load acade.cuix file again ? If that does not work, my suggestion is uninstall AcadE from control panel and reinstall it from scratch.

Regards,

Kevin Li

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Autodesk, Inc.
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 5 of 19
gabea21

I loaded it and the project manager popped up to the side and on the command bar it says "Electrical Code Standard has not been defined."  What would I do now?  Thanks alot for your help.

Message 6 of 19
KevinLi-Autodesk

Hi gabea21,

Never see such error via my using experienceSmiley Sad, and so sorry that cannot give you a precise resolution for this but I think it is not an application issue but an installation problem or file corruption, my suggestion is uninstall AcadE from control panel and reinstall it from scratch for a thorough fix.

Regards,

Kevin Li

SQA Engineer

Autodesk, Inc.

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Autodesk, Inc.
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 7 of 19
gabea21

Ok no problem.  Thanks anyways for trying to help me. 

Message 8 of 19
browndan

I just had the same error.  I found another report in the forum and the solution mentioned there solved my problem.

1. Close ACAD Electrical

2. Delete file LASTPROJ.FIL, in Windows 7 it is located at C:\Users\"username"|AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2012\R18.2\enu\Support\User

3. Start ACAD Electrical

The list of projects will be blank, but for it was blank when the problem occurred.

Message 9 of 19
wlong995
in reply to: browndan

browndan, you are a lifesaver.  We run all of our files off the server, and everybody's ACADE was giving the same error.  I found the  LASTPROJ.FIL file on the server and deleted it, and everyone is back up and running.

Thanks

Message 10 of 19
robner

Had same error and this fixed it! Huge time saver, you rock!!!! It would be nice if instead of just a generic "error: malformed list", autoCAD could also tell you what list is messed up so you could find it! It would save a lot of time!

Message 11 of 19
jcrosley
in reply to: robner

this just happened to me as well. ACADE 2013
Message 12 of 19
NateWa

Does anyone know what causes this issue? I have to delet my last proj fil at least once a month, its not the worst thing. However I would like to know what is causing the issue, we are also having a huge problem with almost all of our panel layout drawings being corrupted. Im using AutoCADE 2013 also. we have seats for 2015, does anyone know if this issue has been resolved?

Message 13 of 19
jalger
in reply to: NateWa

Hi NateWa,

What Anti-Virus are you using?

I know that I have seen issues with AVG, and Mcafee. ( Mcafee is easy to fix if you add an exception, AVG just seems to hate all files equally... but I Love it for home use!)

It seems to be a bigger issue when working on the network as the files are constantly Checked by the anti-Virus.

Most of the time you see corrupted mdb files but i have seen the lastproj corrupted by this work flow.

The other major culprit is when multiple users work on the same project, when its just on the network, if you use the vault your ok, otherwise you run the risk of two people accessing the same file at the same time the last proj file can't resolve the path (it thinks it on a computerr that not there). its the project file that causes this issue since you can't have the same drawing open by two people (one has to be in Read-only format)

I hope this helps,

James Alger

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 14 of 19
NateWa
in reply to: jalger

James,

Thanks for the quick reply, we are using AVG antivirus I will have to see if my company wants to explore a possible fix to this issue.

Thanks again

Message 15 of 19
cristianlemnaru

I want to thank browndan for the solution. I am running ACADE 2014 and apparently whatever causes this problem just moves along with each passing version. The solution provided worked for me too. I was not looking forward to uninstalling and reinstalling AutoCAD.
Message 16 of 19
hithendra.ms

thank you very much

it is working

Message 17 of 19
hithendra.ms

thak you very much
Message 18 of 19

Hello,

We have found the problem for this issue in AutoCAD Electrical now.

It is because the double quotation in the project description. Please check the following video about the issue, as shown in the video, remove the double quotation in the project description will resolve this problem.

http://autode.sk/20SQXis

We have put this issue in our issue system, will consider to fix it in the future.

Thanks,
Robin Shou
Senior Quality Assurance 
AutoCAD Electrical
Autodesk, Inc.

Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/AutoCADElectrical

Blog Page : http://autodesk.typepad.com/systemsdesign/

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_6ApchKwjN-0Wh8PzIjA_O0P6HRazOwH

AutoCAD Electrical App: https://itunes.apple.com/app/autocad-electrical/id736763190

Message 19 of 19
Chelsie1

I had this issue too with AutoCad Electrical 2017.  This post helped thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost