AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extract Titleblock desc. attributes into the .wdp file?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
danielvanveen
709 Views, 1 Reply

How to extract Titleblock desc. attributes into the .wdp file?

Hello everyone,

Can some help me out with a problem I'm trying to solve?

I'm creating a lot (400pc.) standarized internal wiring diagrams for the company I work at.

When creating these diagrams I work in 3 seperate projects (ACE2012).

If an engineer or drafter needs to create a schematic diagram for a project, all they have to do is copy he needed standarized dwg's into a new project folder, create a new ACE project file (.wdp), add the selected drawings an run the project wide update/retag function.

This all works great except for the drawing properties. The drawing description lines 1-3 will be deleted. ACE keeps this information saved in the "project".wdp file. 

So every time we create a new project via the method mentioned above we ned to manualy use the "pick" command, in the drawing properties, to reuse the default drawing descriptions I gave the drawing while creating them.

Is there a way to automate this proces?

I'm fearly new to scipting and I have almost no experience with Lisp (althoug I would love to learn how)

To clearfy my question.

Is there a way to exract the attribute data from an existing and functional title block into a new .wdp file when the dwg is copied into the new project?

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rhesusminus
in reply to: danielvanveen

How about using the Copy Project-function on the Prototype project? This will copy the Drawing Descriptions as well, and you can select what drawings that you need to copy from the prototype project as well.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost