AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to draw a rheostat ?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Hyndavi
1250 Views, 5 Replies

How to draw a rheostat ?

Hi friends, can any one help me how to draw a rheostat ? Im unable to find the symbol in library also.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mathalekar
in reply to: Hyndavi

Hello Hyndavi,

The rheostat is basically a resister ! (Long time playing with my basic engineering concepts Smiley Happy) You can find various symbols in Icon Menu > Miscallaneous > Electronics section to use. Does that solve your requirement ?

Message 3 of 6
Hyndavi
in reply to: mathalekar

Thank you for replying me. Im using 2012 version. I was thinking the same, but just got a doubt if there is any specific symbol for rheostat(i.e as we study in subjects) instead of  a resistor

Message 4 of 6
drathak

Not sure what your needs are, but there is a symbol for "Variable Resistor" that should work.  As Mayuresh pointed out, go to the "Miscellaneous" section and look under "Electronics".  If this doesn't suit your needs you may need to make your own.  Do you have an example of what you are looking for?

Screen shot of the Icon menu and the symbol are attached below.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 5 of 6
Hyndavi
in reply to: drathak

Thanks a lot Mr.Joe Weaver. Got clarity now.Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Hyndavi

Mr. Joe, can u please let me know where inductance is located? I could'nt find that symbol in Miscellaneous< Electronics

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost