AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create symbols menu

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rodnrissa
179 Views, 3 Replies

how to create symbols menu

i would like to create my own symbols and can't find anything in the help option that gives guidance.
please assist.

thanks roger
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MartinLee
in reply to: rodnrissa

It's there, you just have to look a bit for it.

Click on Help, then AutoCAD Electrical Help and then the Search Tab. Type in SYMBOL NAMES and at the top of the list should be Create a New Library Symbol. What you have to be careful of is the symbol name itself for schematic symbols, as this tells ACE if the symbol is horizontal or vertical, what catalog table to open, parent or child, normally oper or normally closed, etc. See the attached document for a condensed version of the symbol naming process.

Good luck!
Message 3 of 4
rstein

Roger,
As martin has stated (and attached) there is plenty of help out here for new users and experienced users.

A basic overview of what you need is below.
First utility is called the Black Box Builder. This tool will allow you to take existing geometry and insert in all the proper attributes for the symbol including NO/NC state, Descriptions, ratings and much more. It will even build a symbol name for you (you will want to check it just to be safe). after you have done this you will need the second tool which is the Icon Menu Wizard.

The Icon Menu Wizard will assist you in adding your newly created symbol to the insert component menu.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
Rob Stein
www.r-stein.com
Message 4 of 4
rodnrissa

THANKS ROBSTEIN
I WILL TRY THIS AND HOPEFULLY THIS WILL WORK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost