AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create a title block from scratch

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
622 Views, 2 Replies

how to create a title block from scratch

Hi everybody,
I am totally new to AcadE and would like to learn how to use the software. I am following the Getting Started and the User Manual included in the DVDs, the files teach me well except I dont know how to create a title block from scratch without using any existing templates.
I tried to use the symbol builder to create a title block but I am stuck in how to add title block attributes into the drawing. As I understand, template files are main component of the acadE drawings. Please give me some help.
Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

To create a title block, you need to take information for how create a block with attribute definitions because a title block is a block with attributes. You can't use the symbol builder to make that. you need a training for block creation in AutoCAD.

I hope that you informed.

Have a nice day

Emmanuel Duguet, Ing. Jr.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Emmanuel,
Thanks for your info, I have created myself a title block using acad BLOCK command. Below is a brief procedure:
- Draw a normal title block with acad.
- Use acad BLOCK command to make block, select the whole objects in the drawn title block.
- Add attributes to the block.
- Use command Title Block Setup to set block attributes.
- Update info into the block.
That's all. Thanks again for your hint.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost