AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy installation

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
vacu82
541 Views, 3 Replies

How to copy installation

Hello everyone,

I believe that answer on my question may be simple but I can't find it.

What's the situation: I have a set of 20 drawings in my project, all of them for installation 100. All components, footprints etc. have installation code 100. 

What's the problem: I need to have a second installation with the code 200 which is exactly the same as installation 100 (another 20 files). 

The question: Is there any easy way to copy these 20 files and change the installation code only for 20 "new" drawings  automatically? I've tried to do this manually but it's horror because I need to edit every component, footprint etc. seperatly, if I'll let an ACADE do anything it changes installation codes also in the "old" files. It's easy for me to understand why this happens but I have no idea how to solve the problem, this is the first time when I have two installations which are exactly the same.

Regards,

Slawek

PS. I have ACADE 2013 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: vacu82

Use the Find/Edit/Replace utility and run project wide, but only select to process the drawings that need to change.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 4
vacu82
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Great, this is what I need, many thanks 🙂

One more question:

Do you know how to update installation codes also in files' properties automatically? 

Message 4 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: vacu82

The attached lisp will go through the project and update any attribute in any block you select.

I had a similar problem back in 2009 and Nate Holt wrote this for use in ACADE2008 in response.

Use APPLOAD to load the lsp, and type dbx_dwgprops to run.

Type in the name of the block you want to update, in your case it would be the default.

Now type in the attribute name to change - yours would be IEC_INST

Next step would be to fill in the new value for your attribute.

Finally, select the dwgs to process.

The lsp will then go through and update the INST code for each of the dwg properties.

If you use "*" for the block name and INST for the attribute name, the lsp will go through the selected dwgs and change the INST of every block to whatever you set the new value to.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost