AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change a component son (slave) by component father (master)?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Impresss
629 Views, 5 Replies

how to change a component son (slave) by component father (master)?

Help!

I want to convert a component son (slave) to a component father (master)....

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Nata_ly
in reply to: Impresss

Hi!

All you need is a TAG1 instead TAG2 in component block. That's how ACE determines parent/son type of a component.

And don't forget add CAT, MFG and other atribbutes that son components usually inherit by parent.

And the must important: the 4th symbol in the component's name must be 1 for parents and 2 - for sons.

5.jpg

Message 3 of 6
Tee.Dee

Also, if you have already placed the symbol you can just rename the TAG2 attribute to TAG1 using AERENAMEATTRIB but keep in mind that you wont be able to add any catalog data if those attributes dont exist in the block.

Message 4 of 6
Impresss

Thank you very much for all your replies gentlemen. That said, I have another question about the descriptions in the components ... Would there be a way to hide everything on a folder? Such as when an excel export ... Thank you again.

Message 5 of 6
Nata_ly

So you want to have all DESC1-DESC3 in Excel file, right?

Then go there:

1.jpg

And you'll have excel file with all components descriptions.

2.jpg

Message 6 of 6
Impresss
in reply to: Nata_ly

Specifically, I would like to say in this excel export that these desc1 DESC2 desc3 and do not appear on my portfolio.
I would hide, they appear hidden.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost