AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get ohm symbol using the attribute on resistor in the parts library?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
djnelson19
17458 Views, 12 Replies

How do you get ohm symbol using the attribute on resistor in the parts library?

I would like to use the existing attribute on the Resister from the standard parts library that comes with Acade 2011. I have been using the mtext options, but seems like there would a easier way.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
junkinjam
in reply to: djnelson19

I don't know if this will work, but I looked up the code that produces the ohm symbol so that I could use the symbol while in DTEXT. You could try this: \U+2126  then 'enter' and see if it produces the symbol.

Message 3 of 13
djnelson19
in reply to: junkinjam

I teyed /U+2126 behind the size 2.2 K it didn't work I got 2.2 K /U+2126.

Message 4 of 13
junkinjam

Okay, I just tried it (put it in the Rating box) but used a space between K and the start of the code. Try that.

Message 5 of 13
djnelson19

I tried your suggestion, but it's still isn't working. I didn't do the software download the IT department did. I am wondering, if sometihing is missing in the download now.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

Try using this character Ω (found using charcter maps search function), and perhaps modify your catalog record for the resistor(s) so that the rating will automatically get assigned to the RATING1 attribute field when you select the part. To do this simply edit the catalogs' TEXTVALUE field with "RATING1=valueΩ", where value is the specific rating of the resistor.

Message 7 of 13
djnelson19
in reply to: Anonymous

Got a call from a former co-worker. Anyway he said to open a mtext command then go to option\symbols\ohm, which puts the ohm symbol  then do a Ctrl C. Bring in the component that you need the ohm symbol for "resistor" and edit the attribute rating area placing the value like 2.2K Ctrl V. It didn't work at first, so I did a complete drawing purge and tried again the second time worked. Thanks to all who offered up ideas and solutions.

Message 8 of 13
Icemanau

Hold down the ALT key and type 21226 for the Ω symbol.

Other useful symbols are

21243 √

21244 ⁿ

21245 ²

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous

If you tried typing it in CAD as you did on the message board, the reason it didn't work is because you used a forward slash instead of a backslash.  I just tried it in AutoCAD with the slash oriented properly and it worked nicely.  The backslash is commonly known in programming languages as an escape sequence, it tells the compiler that the characters that follow are to be read as code and not a String.

Message 10 of 13
drathak

@junkinjam wrote:

I don't know if this will work, but I looked up the code that produces the ohm symbol so that I could use the symbol while in DTEXT. You could try this: \U+2126  then 'enter' and see if it produces the symbol.

I think adding this in the TEXTVAL field for my resistors (or anything else where I need an Ohm symbol) is the way I'm going to go.  I'll do a little testing on that tnorrow.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 11 of 13

thank you...

Message 12 of 13
db_few

You are putting in the wrong slash.  Try using the other slash.  \U+2126.  It is the one above enter. I just did it and it worked.

Message 13 of 13
Icemanau

Looking at what you typed, you have the '/' confused with the '\'.

Unicode does not work if you use the wrong slash mark

Try again with the '\' and see if that works as I had it work on my system.

It showed up properly in the rating box but did not display in the dwg as the font I am using does not have that character. If you are just getting a couple of spaces in the dwg, then that is an indicator that the font you are using does not have the character.

EDIT:And now I feel like thumping my head on the desk as I only noticed this was a resurrected thread AFTER I replied

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost