AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I generate schematic wiring diagrams from a database

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
368 Views, 4 Replies

How do I generate schematic wiring diagrams from a database

I have to generate 300+ Schematic Wiring Diagrams for 300+ different motors (1 per motor). All these drawings are exactly the same drawing except for a few fields like the cable tag, motor tag, motor hp, cable gauge etc. What I want to do is create one drawing with a database (or Excel Spreadsheet) that substitutes the different tag names and such for different print layouts (1 print layout per mtor). Can this be done and if so I'm looking for information or direction on how to do this with either plain AutoCAD 2004 or AutoCAD Electrical 2004. If you respond via email remove the text "REMOVE." without the quotes. Thanks Dustin
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Dustin,
Very basic directions
Create the drawing, export to a spreadsheet, modify items you need to change, import spreadsheet back into drawing and save a new drawing.

I have used this method to modify drawings before, it works well.
Make sure you change all fields related to the items you are changing.

Good luck.

Chad
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

the directions were for AutoCAD Electrical.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

You may try AutoBlock at http://www.cadtool.net

Good luck
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Dustin I agree with fdna49, but want to make one clarification. You probably will want to make a copy of the drawings first (there is a tool in Electrical to do this and also rename the drawings at the same time, COPY PROJECT). From there you could use the export to spreadsheet command, make the needed or desired modifications, and import the spreadsheet back in to update the drawings. Another option may be to use the circuitry tools. With these, you can save out the circuits you have designed, and re-insert them in other drawings. When they are inserted, they will automatically retag according to the configuration you have defined for that drawing. (so basically you can wblock out an entire drawing, insert it into another drawing and have the devices uniquely tagged). Then of course yet another option would be to make use of the many, many open API calls to help automate your process as far as you would like.... Hope this helps and good luck! -- ---------------------------------------------- Jared Bunch Autodesk, Inc -------------------------------------------------- "fdna49" wrote in message news:242792.1103837745032.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > the directions were for AutoCAD Electrical.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost