AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how create inputs and outputs in a blok

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Andhy_23
827 Views, 2 Replies

how create inputs and outputs in a blok

i need to add or insert inputs and outputs to blocks, I´m in the block editor but i don´t know what command to use

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: Andhy_23

A few questions...

First of all, What version of ACADE are you using?

Which block editor are you using? ACADE has three different editors and only two are set up for doing the intelligent blocks that ACADE uses.

You have the standard ACAD block editor which does not give you a list of the appropriate attributes to add. Do NOT use this editor.

The first ACADE one is called the Black Box builder and is fairly hard to get to. It is a legacy command and has been superseded.

The second ACADE one is the latest and is designed with a set of drop down menus on the left (default location) with all the correct atributes and other parts to make the block act intelligent. It is called the Symbol Builder and this is the one you should be using.

Next, are you referring to wire connection when you say Inputs and Outputs?

If you are indeed talking about the wire connections, look at the menus that appear when you start the Symbol Builder.

There should be a list of sub menus in this order

Required

Optional

Wire Connection

Pins

Link Lines

Inserted Link Lines.

Required is a list of ALL the required attributes to allow the symbol to work with ACADE

Optional is for attributes that are not required but could be used depending on the purpose of the block

Wire Connection is how you set up the various wire connection points.

Pins just list any wire connections that have already been set up

Link Lines is how you add the connection point for the dashed link line as used in multi pole devices

Inserted Link Lines is the same as Pins but for the Link Lines.

Select the type of wire connection you require using 'Other' in the Wire Connection sub menu. Make sure to set it as your default if you always use it.

If the connection is set up correctly, all you need to do is select the direction the connection will be coming from and insert it into the block. ACADE sets everything else up in regards to the attributes names and other settings.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Andhy_23
in reply to: Andhy_23

thank you.

I reffer to add "pines", for example: I have a block PID and I want to apply it input and output, also when I need to use this block in a diagram y I will have to do a wire conection my block indicate its pines of inputs and outputs. Smiley Indifferent

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost