AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizontal and vertical source/destination arrows

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
mtakkol
1445 Views, 8 Replies

Horizontal and vertical source/destination arrows

Hello Everyone,

In my project, on some of the pages, vertical source arrow and its attributes are very tiny. I checked everything but I couldn't find the solution.

All the drawings have the same properties.

Also, I attached the picture showing the situation.

Thanx in advance

Tolga 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Nata_ly
in reply to: mtakkol

I can't see the picture, but as far as I understand you need this:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Change attribute size

Use this tool to change attribute text size quickly when components or wire numbers were already inserted onto your drawings.

Ribbon:  Schematic tab Edit Components panel Modify Attributes drop-down Change Attribute Size..
 Toolbar: Edit Attributes
 Menu:  Components Attributes Change Attribute Size 
 Command entry:  AEATTSIZE

Pick

Selects the new attribute size by picking a similar text or attribute.

Size

Specifies the attribute size value.

Width

Specifies the attribute width value.

Apply

Applies the new size or width values to the selected attributes.

Single

Changes the size of the attributes as you select them.

By name

Changes all attributes of a certain type. Select an example attribute for AutoCAD Electrical to determine the name of the attribute. All attributes of the same name are found and adjusted to your specified size.

Type it

Specifies an attribute name for AutoCAD Electrical to match, wildcard characters are allowed. Window an area containing the attributes you want changed. All attributes that match the typed name are found and adjusted to the specified size.

For example, you want to change all the description attributes on all the PLC modules on your drawing. Select "Type it," and then enter "DESC*" for the attribute name. Window the entire drawing. You can include a series of attribute names to match by separating each attribute name with a semi-colon. (Example: "DESC*;TAG*")

Message 3 of 9
mtakkol
in reply to: Nata_ly

Sorry, I attached the wrong file. Here is the correct one.

Message 4 of 9
Nata_ly

Sorry I didn't catch sight of the size of arrow in you text... Maybe smth is wrong with it in library, I can't say surely.

But you could type Scale in command line and make it bigger.

Message 5 of 9
algerj

Although, your pictures do not clearly show the issue, I have seen this before.

The last time I saw the issue, running a normal Aduit (Big "A" > Drawing utilities> aduit) on the page with the issue cleared it up.

I also made sure the library was correct (I suggest using JIC125 as a base test for this) The JIC1 library should have all text at .1 but its not the case. In fact I think I have seen sizes from 0.085 up to  0.115.

If the library is the issue you could fix the library by using the "Modify Symbol Library"  command.

I hope this helps,

James Alger

SolidCAD 

Message 6 of 9
mtakkol
in reply to: algerj

Hello,

As you suggest, I scale IEC2 library with scale factor of 5. But nothing changes. I am also sending a screenshot of my library settings. 

Was it the correct library that I edited?

Regards

Message 7 of 9
CAD-ICE

Hi there,

Could it be that the symbol ACADE inserts isn´t in the IEC2 Library and therefore gets it from another library?

You see if ACADE does not find the symbol in the first library defined in the list it continues down the list and searches other libraries. Try double clicking on the small arrow and take note of the block name. See if this block exists in the IEC2 library.....if not then ACADE is picking the symbol from another library most certainly with another scale factor.

I hope this helps you in the right direction.

Regards, Gary

Message 8 of 9
algerj

Ok, in that case there are 2 more things I would like you to check.

1. The drawing scale for the dwg ( Big "A" > Drawing Utilities > Units)

Make sure the insertion scale is the same as the library, so mm since you are using IEC2

2. Make sure the Drawing setting's scale is set properly  (right click on the drawing > Drawing Properties )

in the last tab "Drawing format" find the scale set it to "inch scaled to mm"  (sometimes full mm doesn't work properly.., and for IEC2, inches will not work at all)

If both of those are fine then it could be that the drawings were edited and saved in inches instead of mm.

Let me know,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Message 9 of 9
mtakkol
in reply to: algerj

James,

2nd solution worked. Thanx for the solution.

Regards

Tolga 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost