AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding din rail??

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
frimoautodesk
2893 Views, 2 Replies

Hiding din rail??

I'm currently working on my panel layout and inserting componants but why will the componants not hide the din rail? I've read on using the "wipeout" tool but that doesn't seem right, not to mention extra work. Also when looking at the example drawings (DEMO09.DWG) I see that if you relocate a componant off the rail it "unhides" itself and vise versa. Please help this noobie......

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david_brude
in reply to: frimoautodesk

Your panel symbols(blocks) should contain a wipeout entity that hides the dinrail. If you explode one of the terminals in the demo9 drawing you will see that it contains a wipeout. Also, sometimes it's necessary to send the dinrail to the background in the draw order command.

Regards,

David

Tags (3)
Message 3 of 3

Wipeout is the correct method.  Open the footprint symbol block file and trace around the perimiter of it with Wipeout.  Next, send the wipeout region to the back.  Save the block.  Now when you insert it over DIN rail, it will hide the DIN rail.  If it doesn't hide, click Home>Modify>DrawOrder>Send to Back and send the DIN rail to the back.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost