AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Active Contributor
sdbell
Message 1 of 3 (444 Views)

Hidden Attributes

444 Views, 2 Replies
11-01-2005 07:33 AM
When i Insert a component some of the available attributes are hidden by default. Could someone tell me if this is symbol specific and if i can alter the default to show certain attributes at the point of insert instead of going through the motions of right click unhide etc.

kind regards
Shaun
*Expert Elite*
dougmcalexander
Message 2 of 3 (444 Views)

Re: Hidden Attributes

11-01-2005 03:30 PM in reply to: sdbell
Just edit the block and use the properties tool to set the desired attributes to Invisible = No. You may need to scroll down to see the parameter called "Invisible" as it is near the bottom of the properties window. I've done this with MFG and CAT when I anted them to default as visible. You have to increase the text size as well with MFG and CAT, but just about anything you desire is possible.
Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.
Active Contributor
sdbell
Message 3 of 3 (444 Views)

Re: Hidden Attributes

11-02-2005 02:55 AM in reply to: sdbell
Thanks for the reply.

Could you tell me where all the blocks are so i can browse for them before inserting?

regards
Shaun
Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.