AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden attributes on 3-pole motor starter

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
robbm2k
319 Views, 4 Replies

Hidden attributes on 3-pole motor starter

I've noticed when inserting the 3-pole MS figure that it will link with a dashed line, but the default location for the XREF and DESC1,2 attributes are underneath the contacts. When the 3-pole command is used, it auto-hides the 2nd and 3rd contacts' attributes, but the XREF and DESC1,2 fields are left displayed in between the 1st and 2nd set of contacts and the overlap the dashed connection. Has anyone done anything to deal with this? I could move all those attributes to above the contacts, but ideally i'd like for them all to be underneath the 3rd set of contacts. As it is now, after inserting, the XREF and DESC1,2 all have to be manually dragged to below the 3rd set of contacts. Would a user circuit work best for this? In that event, i guess it would require that the 3-pole wiring distance remains the same, because it won't be able to tell if I inserted a circuit with .5" spacing into a 3-phase wiring circuit that used 1" spacing, right?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Icemanau
in reply to: robbm2k

I usually hide the DESC & XREF attributes on the first contact and show them on the third contact. It's a lot easier & quicker than draging them around and then lining them up.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
robbm2k
in reply to: Icemanau

Makes sense, but do you save the 3 contacts linked together as a circuit instead of a 3pole command? Otherwise if you wanted the first 2 to come in with some items hidden and the 3rd with some not hidden, you'd need separate figures for the first 2 and then the 3rd, correct? Can the 3-pole command in the Icon Menu (or any other command in that menu) be used to open 2 different figures? such as, open figure A, open figure A, open figure B, then automatically link them?

Message 4 of 5
testsubject
in reply to: robbm2k

You can also tell ACE which direction to insert the 3-pole starter. I would insert the parent on "C" phase and tell it to insert up or to the left to populate the other two phases. That way, all the info is on the bottom or appears to the right of the starter where I want it to end up.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 5 of 5
robbm2k
in reply to: testsubject

unfortunately, that leaves the TAG2 attribute in between the 2nd and 3rd contacts, so i'm still left dragging items to get them out of the way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost