AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with terminal strips

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
somlioy
332 Views, 3 Replies

Help with terminal strips

Hi

I'm quite new to autocad electrical 2011, but I'm starting to get the hang of it now. I have a problem with temrinal strips tho!

Check my attached image. Why does it latch some terminals like that? (My colourfull underlines). I'd image that's what the jumpers are made for?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: somlioy

Are you setting the Internal/External connection points?

If they aren't set, ACADE will set the terminals according to some strange decision making programming, not by the location of the wire.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
somlioy

Hi

Thanks for your answer. I havent assigned anything manually. If that's the case with ACADE I guess I should try that. Wheres that feature?

Message 4 of 4
Icemanau

I'm not sure where that command set is located in the ribbon as I turn it off and use the toolbars myself.

I suggest opening the Help and doing a search for setting terminal connections or Internal/External. that should tell you how to find the correct area on the ribbon.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost