AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help please, terminal strip editor

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
circuit1
340 Views, 5 Replies

help please, terminal strip editor

Hi,

I am using terminal strip editor and when viewing my terminal strip in layout preview it shows the terminals linked vertically, ie. bottom of terminal 1 connected to top of terminal 2 and so on rather than side by side. Could anyone tell me how to change this please?

thank you

Adrian.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rhesusminus
in reply to: circuit1

I guess these are your custom terminals?

Just rotate the graphics in your terminal symbol. It should be standing vertical.

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 6
circuit1
in reply to: rhesusminus

Hi THL,

The terminal is a custom symbol and is standing vertically, the problem is not with the orientation of the terminal in the terminal strip but how it connects the terminals together. it connects them vertically together so terminal 1 is at the top and terminal xx is at the bottom vertically rather than connecting horizontally.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 6
rhesusminus

My bad.

Just checked. The graphics of the block should be lying HORIZONTALLY 🙂

If you've still got trouble, could you post the terminal symbol here?

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 6
circuit1

Works like a treat.

Tahnk you so much.

Message 6 of 6
testsubject

ACE expects to insert the terminals as a column first. If youu need to insert it horizontally, there is an option available to change the orientation during insert.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost