AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hanging lock files

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
johmag357
635 Views, 5 Replies

Hanging lock files

I have a project folder that holds my wdp file and drawings.  When in the project, autocad will open a lock file for the current drawing open.  But whenever I plot the project, autocad will open lock files on all of the drawings in the project and plot them.  When finished the lock files are still in the project folder and I get an error message when I try Autocad Electrical to page between drawings.  And I can't delete the lock files until I shut down Autocad. Both the dwl and dwl2 files are created when plotting.  This happens whenever I am working from the server or on my desktop.  Has anyone seen this behavior and does anyone have a fix?

Tags (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sonny3g
in reply to: johmag357

Make sure the drawings close after plotting.  Sometimes they remain open in the background until you manually close them.  Good luck.

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 3 of 6
johmag357
in reply to: sonny3g

I am in SDI mode and there is only one drawing open.  This just started happening recently.  Don't know what to make of it. Can't think of any change that might be causing it?

Message 4 of 6
John

Are your project and drawing files on a network? I used to have this problem a lot.

I now work with a copy of the project on my local drive and not only does this no longer happen but ACE works much faster.

Edit: I also always work in SDI mode.

John

Message 5 of 6
johmag357

No, I actually moved a project to a folder on my computer and opened and printed it out an the same thing happened.  Whatever this is, it happens from within autocad as far as I can tell.

Message 6 of 6
rhesusminus

Just for the fun on it...

If you used the WHOHAS command in AutoCAD, for one of the "locked" files, when they are NOT open in AutoCAD... .What does it say?'

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost