AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Groupwith

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
DaveSBarrow
281 Views, 0 Replies

Groupwith

I need to create a BOM report that will group certain items together. To be specific cables and connectors, the schematics I am creating are showing the point to point connections of many cables and their connectors. When I run a BOM report it lists all the components within the schematics, however non of the sort parameters can be used to group together the cable and it's relevant connectors. I have also created layout drawings showing the cables with the relevant connectors on each end. I noticed when creating the layout symbols an attribute that is inserted by the symbol builder called 'GROUPWITH' I guessed that this could possibly be used to get the desired effect within a panel BOM. I searched the help files for a clue on how to use this attribute but in the usual Autodesk way it lists the attribute with a brief explanation as to what it is (GROUPWITH attribute value, panel layout optional attribute for user-defined "group with" assignment) but doesn't explain how it can be used. Can someone explain to me how to use the attribute?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost