AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Valued Contributor
jtwalker1
Message 1 of 5 (293 Views)

Getting Started Guide

293 Views, 4 Replies
08-28-2012 04:47 AM

Does anyone know of a good getting started guide to electrical.  We have a guy at work that needs to learn to do more in electrical and needs a little help getting started.

Thanks

James

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 5 (291 Views)

Re: Getting Started Guide

08-28-2012 05:28 AM in reply to: jtwalker1
Valued Contributor
lionSG
Message 3 of 5 (273 Views)

08-28-2012 09:39 PM in reply to: pendean

Hi,

Thanks for the link, was looking for same thing like this for awhile.

but do you have any for ACE2013 as well?

jw
jw
Message 4 of 5 (214 Views)

09-07-2012 02:14 AM in reply to: lionSG

Hi,

this website is great, but I agree - we need something like this for 2013. I have just received ACE with our upgrade and there are so many new features to use - I also want to know how to draw Hydraulic / Pneumatic circuits with the extra symbols that they have incorporated - can these also be tagged to produce a automatic BOM.

regards,

jw

*Expert Elite*
dougmcalexander
Message 5 of 5 (201 Views)

09-07-2012 09:30 AM in reply to: jw

Consider attending an official training class.  This software is too expansive to expect to just pick it up on your own.  It will cost you so much in lost productivity by not fully grasping the capabilities of this software.  That said, there are tutorials built into the software.  Look under the Advanced Productivity area to learn how to use Peer-to-Peer relationships between electrical symbols and their pneumatic equivalents.

I teach a 2-day course called "What's New" for each new release of the software.  It covers in detail how to use each new feature.  I come to you or you can fly to Atlanta.  I have a local hotel that offers a great package price for lodging and a conference room.

Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.
Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.