AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting really large size component from the icon menu

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jmatt05
1236 Views, 4 Replies

Getting really large size component from the icon menu

I'm inserting different components into my drawing and when I clicked on the HRT1 icon, it came out with a huge size. How do I reduce the size of the icon?

untitled.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
zalant
in reply to: jmatt05

The HRT1.dwg file is found in the library folders for electrical standards used outside of North America (IEC, JIS, GB, etc.).  Those drawing files were created with larger-scaled objects (scaled up roughly 12X).  If you want to use non-JIC symbols in JIC-based drawings/projects, you'll either need to manually edit the DWG files and scale all the objects down, or you could also scale the blocks down once you've inserted them. For the latter method, use the original insertion point of the block as the base point for the scaling operation.  A scale factor of .083333 (1/12) should get things about right.

Zac Travis
Message 3 of 5
jmatt05
in reply to: zalant

How do I scale the whole block at once instead of each indiviual line segment?

Message 4 of 5
zalant
in reply to: jmatt05

If you're going to do the scaling in the original source DWG file, just select everything and then execute the SCALE command.  If you'll be doing it after the insertion into a drawing, then the block should be all one entity, so you could pick any one of its objects and all should highlight.  If you've somehow exploded the block upon insertion, then that's a different story.  Exactly how are you bringing the HRT1 into your drawing?  Which exact commands and options?

Zac Travis
Message 5 of 5
jmatt05
in reply to: zalant

I'm just using the Icon Menu under the Schematic Tab to insert into my drawings. I think I'll have to go the source drawing to scale it down. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost