AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fuses and Fuse holders

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
chubby-1
245 Views, 2 Replies

Fuses and Fuse holders

Just am curious how people are dealing with these 2 items. Looks like to me a good place to set up an assembly? And in case anyone is interested, I am in the aviation industry, and we are in the process of changing our "point to point" drawings over to a ladder format. Change is good!!! Right?

Marty
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MartinLee
in reply to: chubby-1

At my company, we use assembly codes. This makes for a rather extensive database list, but it works. We select the desired fuse, and the correct fuse block is automatically added by using an assembly code. For three phase circuits, the fuse has a default QTY of 3 and a three pole fuse block. The footprint symbol is also a three pole device with one device tag. I know some folks like to have a tag for each fuse, and this methode doesn't allow for that.

It helps to standardize components when doing this, but if you are an OEM, it could be a real challenge because there are many MFG of fuses and many more MFG of fuse blocks.

Good Luck!
Message 3 of 3
chubby-1
in reply to: chubby-1

Weeeee!! got it to work. I see a lot of potential to use that setup (assembly/sub-assembly) in the field I am in. Thanks for the reply Martin, as it is sometimes nice to know what others are doing.........least it helps me stay on track.

Marty

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost